Who we are
Olde Towne Butcher is a family owned butcher shop and market, in historic Fredericksburg, that offers local, clean, humane and sustainable products to the community. We are whole animal butchers and can provide any cut!
We believe in great tasting, clean, minimally processed, healthy foods. That means buying locally and knowing our sources. We want everyone to be able to eat this way!
It’s healthier for you, the environment and the local economy!
We are passionate about clean, great tasting food, sustainably and humanely produced. That means we buy locally whenever possible and we get to know our farmers and their methods. We don’t want to sell anything that has been unnecessarily contaminated with antibiotics, chemicals, or hormones.
We also believe in being good stewards of the environment. Sustainable food production is only part of that formula as we try to use products and packaging materials that are reusable, recyclable and compostable.
- 100 % Local Beef – This is the best tasting beef around. Steaks, roasts, specialty burgers, ribs, stuffed items, meatloaf and more.
- Local Pork – You will not find better chops, bacon, pork belly, or sausages. Our sausages are made in house fresh daily.
- Poultry – All of our chicken is trimmed Bell and Evans, air chilled chicken. There is no water weight in this chicken! All cuts and pieces are available. Many pre-seasoned options are available. We also carry other specialty birds.
- Dairy – We sell South Mountain Creamery, glass bottle milk, butter, cheeses and ice cream. We also offer the greatest, local ice cream sandwiches on the planet. Don’t eat one if you don’t want to get hooked!
- Local Grocery Items – Honey, Maple Syrup, BBQ sauces and Rubs, Granola, Hot Sauces, Coffees, Salsas and more!
- Produce – Plenty of local produce is on hand when in season and there is always something to compliment your meal!
- Deli – We carry Boar’s Head Simplicity products because they are produced from humanely raised animals and are minimally processed.
- Beer and Wine – Lots of great local and craft beers as well as a great selection of wines.
- Prepared Items – We believe in using as much of the food we bring in as possible. Therefore, we make some great prepared items in our kitchen – like broth, lard, sauces and take out meals!
butcher box, instacart, peapod, fresh direct, foodboxhq, carnivore club, rastellis, greensbury, vital box, moink, omaha steaks, farmer girl meats, crowd cow, snake river farms, grass roots, chicago steak company, porter road, kansas city steaks, meat the butchers, d’artagnan, kc cattle company, grub hub, uber eats